What do I need to take lessons over Skype?
In order to take guitar lessons over Skype, you need to have a few necessary things first:
1. A computer with Skype installed and a webcam. Download Skype for free here.
2. A guitar.
3. A decent internet connection.
I have all those things, now what?
1. Take a look at the calendar and find a time that works for you.
2. Email Drew at firstname.lastname@example.org and request your day and time.
3. Once you receive a confirmation email from Drew, your set for your day and time!
Are guitar lessons effective over Skype?
Yes. I have had many lessons over Skype and the overall experience is very similar to an actual face to face guitar lesson. I can show you close-ups of each hand and cover material that is relevant to your specific taste and goals.
What about materials and tabs?
All materials will be provided to you in digital format (.pdf's or .jpg's). Most materials will be pre-made and others will be scanned and sent to you through Skype file transfer. I do recommend printing the tabs out if possible.
How much does it cost?
Skype lessons can cost anywhere from $30 a lesson to $55 depending on the length of the lesson (hour vs. half hour) and the payment option. We also offer price breaks when you purchase 4 or more lessons at once.
Are lessons at a set weekly day and time?
Yes. Bottom line; if you don't have the time to commit to one lesson per week, you don't have enough time to improve your guitar playing. I am flexible about scheduling when I'm notified in advance, however, I've learned through years of teaching that one lesson per week is crucial to maintain any improvement on the instrument.